Product Development Lead
Are you the candidate who fulfils this profile and wants to impact the world?
In that case, contact us!
Sistema.bio is a leading social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa that seeks to impact climate change, food security and poverty by bringing technology, training and financing to famers. Headquartered in Mexico City, Sistema.bio promotes a world where waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits.
To-date our products have enabled over 42K people to produce clean energy, and saved over 1,5M of trees per year. By the end of 2021, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for over 200,000 people in 15 countries where they lack access to clean, renewable and cost-effective energy. We want you to be part of this impact story!
To support our goal of bringing incredible products to our customers, we are looking for someone to lead our global product development team. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for continuous development and improvement of our product line, including a series of new energy and agricultural appliances and driving constant product innovation within our existing product offering. This is a great opportunity to hold a leadership position in a global social enterprise during a time period of growth!
The candidate should be based in Mexico City with a few international travels to visit and support our various markets. Ideally, we would like the candidate to start not later than August 2019. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, with an opportunity for growing product development responsibilities within 24 months.
- Prioritizing product development pipeline per market demands and technical advancement
● Leading the product pipeline from MVPs and manage product production and distribution processes
● Unifying and updating the design of our existing product line
● Coordinating the communication and collaboration of our internal R&D and product development teams as well as external experts and partners
● Creating design and development collaborations to ensure the sustainable competitive advantage of Sistema.bio products
- Opportunity for growth in an innovative sector
- Constant training
- Base salary
- Attractive commissions
- Law benefits
More about us: Our company perks
- Passion and purpose: working at Sistema.bio, you´ll be able to work with a very passionate team and
actually have a social and environmental impact everyday
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio plans to double in the coming years. This
growth is opening new roles, new countries, new departments that can keep offering new opportunities for
our team´s careers and aspirations.
- Time in the field with the customer: at Sistema.bio, we are passionate about knowing and serving our
customer, small and medium scale farmers. We want you to be able to spend time in the field with them
and genuinely understand their problems, their everyday concerns and connect with them.
- Career growth: we have a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a
Sistema.bio employee, you’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs, and
clear tracking of your performance twice a year.
- Entrepreneurial culture: we want you to feel that your ideas matters. We believe in people owning their
projects and being able to take responsibility for their ideas.
- Work-life balance: at Sistema.bio, we believe you are at your best when you are rested and healthy,
therefore we give you unlimited holidays,
● You have an advance degree in engineering or product development
● You have 3+ hands-on experience in product design and innovation managing various third-parties
(including leading design sessions and collaborative and user-centered design methodology)
● You have worked directly with manufacturing and distribution, with a bonus if you have experience in
● You have a learning mindset and have demonstrated leadership within organizations
● You build great relationships and are a strong verbal communicator in English (bonus if you speak Spanish)
Does this sound like you?
This is your opportunity! Send your CV to email@example.com and answer the following questions:
- A CV
- A cover letter answering the questions below
- 2 references
Here are some questions to answer in your cover letter:
- What makes you unique?
- Tell us why your prior experiences make you the perfect fit for this role? Why now?
- What are the top values and priorities that guide your work?
- Which countries have you lived in, worked in or studied in?
- What will it take for Sistema.bio to build the right set of products by the end of this year? Be specific.
To apply, send your CV, cover letter, and answer to the following questions to