Sistema.bio is a leading social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa by bringing technology, training and financing to farmers. Headquartered in Mexico City, Sistema.bio promotes a world where waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits.
By the end of 2021, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for over 200,000 people in 15 countries where they lack access to clean, renewable and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner and the 2017 Buckminster Fuller Institute Finalist. Our Founder Alex Eaton is an Ashoka and Endeavor Fellow.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Who is the Business Development Associate at Sistema.bio?
This is an exciting opportunity to create partnerships between Sistema.bio and organizations throughout the world. Reporting directly to the CEO and supporting the regional commercial teams, you will help build and manage commercial and technical partnerships that allow Sistema.bio to reach more smallholder farmers.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Supporting the CEO in Co-designing and executing a global partnership strategy for Sistema.bio.
- Identifying, building and managing external partnerships, working with Global and country teams.
- Supporting data driven decisions and processes improvement within partnership teams.
- Collaborating with Global communications, marketing, technical and logistics teams to execute partnership activities.
- Structuring grant writing strategy and proposals.
- Supporting CEO in additional commercial responsibilities as needed.
More about YOU
- You are passionate about creating social and environmental impact through social business.
- You have 2-5 years proven commercial / partnership / program development experience, preferably in rural markets, the agricultural sector, renewable energy or similar.
- You are excellent at project management, especially across a broad range of cultural and geographic contexts. You are not daunted by simultaneously managing projects in multiple countries, scales and client types.
- You are fluent at least English and Spanish (other languages a plus) and a very good written and verbal communicator.
- You are a very self-driven and a creative problem solver in a fast-moving environment.
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
- Entrepreneurial culture: Your ideas matter. We believe in empowering people to own their projects and be able to take responsibility for them.
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you will work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Time in the field with the small and medium-scale farmers: At Sistema.bio, we are passionate about understanding and serving our customers: small and medium-scale farmers. Working with Sistema.bio, we will make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely understand their challenges and their everyday concerns.
- We care about your career progression: We have a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a Sistema.bio employee, you’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs, and clear tracking of your performance and career development twice a year.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
Location and travel
- Based in the central office in beautiful and exciting Roma neighborhood of Mexico City.
- Frequent traveling to Sistema.bio countries expected (especially Kenya and India and partners countries).
- Starting ASAP
- Competitive package for associate level, talented and passionate person.
What our employees say about us
- Find out more: https://sistema.bio/opportunities/
Do you feel that this describes you and want to apply?
Please send your application by email to [email protected] with the following:
- A CV
- A cover letter answering the questions below
- 2 references
Here are the questions to answer in your cover letter:
- Tell us why your prior experiences make you the perfect fit for this role. Why now?
- What are the top values and priorities that guide your work?
- What are the types of partners that you think Sistema.bio should target to reach smallholder farmers more efficiently, and why?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org